"No doubt this manor derived its name from a family residing in Kenton in the time of Edw. I. We find on the Patent Rolls in 1275 an action pending between John de Shelton and Ricahrd de Suddon and Katherine his wife touching posessions in this place.In 1428 this was the Lordship of William Haningfield, and later Thomas de Clopton held a part. Subsequently the manor vested in John Garveys, who died siesed of it in 1524, since which time it has passed in the same course as the main manor, though from the death of John Garneys in 1661 to the holding of it by Sir Gerard W Vanneck, Bart., who died in 1791, we find no indication of its holdership. A fine in 1570 was levied of the manor by Richard Kemp and others against Nicholas Garneys, and it is possible the manor may have then changed hands." 1
- 1861 - Clement Kersey 2
- 1881 - Thomas Ford 3
- 1891 - Charles Salter 4
- 1901 - Fred Ford 5
- 1921 - George Thomas Rose 6
- 1939 - William Alma Hailes 7
- 1960-1983 - Charles Edward Rose 8
- 2003-2008 - Stella M Rose 9
- [S276] W. A. Copinger M.A. LL.D. F.S.A. F.R.S.A., Manors Of Suffolk - Copinger, Volume 4, Page 297.
- [S26] 1861 Census for England & Wales (online image) "Class: RG 9; Piece: 1172; Folio: 76; Page: 5; GSU roll: 542768."
- [S25] 1881 Census for England & Wales (online image) "Class: RG11; Piece: 1884; Folio: 61; Page: 6; GSU roll: 1341455."
- [S16] 1891 Census for England & Wales (online image) "Class: RG12; Piece: 1479; Folio: 57; Page: 6; GSU roll: 6096589."
- [S3] 1901 Census for England & Wales (online image) "Class: RG13; Piece: 1787; Folio: 56; Page: 8."
- [S1321] 1921 Census for England & Wales (online image) "GBC_1921_RG15_09480_0189."
- [S624] National Register for unknown census place (online image) "TXIO Hartismere 210-2 Schedule 163."
- [S301] Unknown author, 'unknown short article title', "Various."
- [S990] Electoral Register for unknown location, 2002 "unknown cd."