1881 Census Records for Debenham.

The 1881 Census was taken on the night of Sunday, 3rd April, 1881.

The 1881 Census remains the only complete Census that is available online for free via the FamilySearch Website.  Partial transcriptions have been made and are being added to all the time on FreeCEN. See the links page for details.

 

Superintendent Registrar's District

Bosmere Enumeration District, No 8
Registrar's Sub District Coddenham Name of Enumerator, Mr Jeremiah Mayhew White


DESCRIPTION OF ENUMERATION DISTRICT

[This description is to be written in by the Enumerator from the Copy supplied to him by the Registrar. Any explanatory notes or observations calculated to make the description clearer or more complete, may be added by the Enumerator].

Part of the Parish of Debenham including all the Houses and Cottages on the West Side of the Road leading from Woodbridge to Eye*, the Cherry Tree Inn, and the Green, the Vicarage, Poplar Hall, White Hall, Goslings Hall, Ulverston Hall, Old Hall, Little London and all the Houses and Cottages on both sides of Grace Church Street, the Back Lanes and Chapel Row. * As far as Sir Robert Hitcham's ? School.

Superintendent Registrar's District Bosmere Enumeration District, No 9
Registrar's Sub District Coddenham Name of Enumerator, Mr B Raynham


DESCRIPTION OF ENUMERATION DISTRICT

[This description is to be written in by the Enumerator from the Copy supplied to him by the Registrar. Any explanatory notes or observations calculated to make the description clearer or more complete, may be added by the Enumerator].

Part of the Parish of Debenham on the East side of the Road leading from Woodbridge to Eye including the East side of "The Street" Crows Hall, Hill House, White House Corporation, Farm? Pages, Mill & Cottages, Hill Farm, Cross Green and Cottages,  Gas House and Cottages, Gull Farm, Red House Farm, Belwell Cottages and Collins Cottages.